Re: TPI '165 pulling timing after Cold start

Will it set a code with just the knock sensor itself disconnected?  I thought
the sensor inputted a frequency into the ESC which then conditioned it and fed
it into the ECM.  I figured the lack of those frequencies would just be
interpreted as a lack of knock.

The ESC module and all associated wiring are intack.  My theory was (keeping in
mind that I could not burn new calibrations at that time):  It was losing power
between shifts, I wanted to see if the ECM was taking away advance between
shifts, it was.  I thought the disconnected knock sensor would be just like a
knock free engine to the ECM.  Last night I burnt a couple new chips and tried
them out, didn't think to reconnect the knock sensor.  Was trying to correct
cold start (one thing at a time).....

Thanks
Gabe