Re: TPI '165 pulling timing after Cold start

> Will it set a code with just the knock sensor itself disconnected?

Generally yes.

 I thought
> the sensor inputted a frequency into the ESC which then conditioned it and
fed
> it into the ECM.  I figured the lack of those frequencies would just be
> interpreted as a lack of knock.

NO
The ecm has self testing.
I will under a given set of circumstanes add a bunch of timing for just a
moment, and then listen for knock, no knock set a check engine light.

> The ESC module and all associated wiring are intack.  My theory was
(keeping in
> mind that I could not burn new calibrations at that time):  It was losing
power
> between shifts, I wanted to see if the ECM was taking away advance between
> shifts, it was.  I thought the disconnected knock sensor would be just
like a
> knock free engine to the ECM.  Last night I burnt a couple new chips and
tried
> them out, didn't think to reconnect the knock sensor.  Was trying to
correct
> cold start (one thing at a time).....

Thte thing to so is get all the oem stuff working right first, and then try
to tune it.