Re: IAC parameters

are all the iac functions in the eprom? or scattered about in the rest of my ecm?...Dan Usually two tables, one P/N, and one In Gear
Usually back to back
It will be the same pattern, just one a little higher then the other.
When you don't include Mask ID, best ya can get is a generic answer
Grumpy

Yesterday I was in the driveway looking at Diacom to see how idle was
doing
and setting my TPS voltage.. well I noticed that when the car was in
Park/Neutral the "desired idle speed" in Diacom read 663rpm but when in
gear it would go to the idle I had set in the bin file which was 600rpm.
Any thoughts? So is there a way to change this or is this preset?  this is
the first time I have noticed this...
Thanks
Rick
Is there any documentation out there on the function(s) of the IAC, as to
what, how & why?  Interested specifically in the SyTy 749, but it should be
pretty generic among ECUs.  Available docs seem to lack this section.

Thanks - Barry
It's function?, with out meaning to sound smart is bypass air around the
butterfly.

It's usage includes
addition air when cold
correction for various loads:
  Power Streering
  A/C
  (I think some times for over heating, and low voltage)
  (various smart uses like the cadillac overheat strategy)
Emissions (Over run)
Idle speed correction
Stall Prevention
To insure hot restart fuel purge
Probably a couple others
Grumpy
I'm looking for some detailed list & explanation of just what factor does
exactly what, similar to the docs on the GM stuff on fueling & timing.  It
has several uses, dashpot, stall saver and, naturally, idle speed control.
What exactly do all the parameters given in Promgrammer mean?  There are
more settings for IAC than for any other ECU function.

For instance, P/N vs neutral, small error vs large error, retract vs.
extend gainwords; why would a larger error call for a smaller correction?