Re: EPROM manufacturer and device IDs

The info is available from the eprom, but the programmer may not support
reading it.  Here's an excerpt from amd's site:
http://www.amd.com/products/nvd/techdocs/08007.pdf
"To activate this mode, the programming equipment must force Vh on address
line A9.  Two idenifier bytes may then be sequenced from the device
outputs by toggling addrress line A0 from Vil to Vih.  All other address
lines must be held at Vil during the autoselect mode.  Byte 0 represents
the manufacturer code and byte 1 , the device identifier code."

I'm not sure how much commonality there is among the manufacturers on the
use of this method.

Tom