Re: Was Chip carrier now sockets

Marc Piccioni wrote:

> Instead of lining RN and their distributors pockets why not just buy a 24
> pin (28 pin) machined contact socket and get rid of the chip carriers.

One problem, the pin spacing on the PCB is narrower than the normal 0.6"
width.  I ran into this problem when soldering a ZIF socket onto a
1227748.  (This ECM uses a 28 pin RN socket.)  My solution was to use a
wire wrap socket with bent leads as an adapter.

> A good Augat socket is ~ $10, and only takes 1/2 hour to install.

If you're willing to pay $10 for a 24 pin machine pin socket, I can
supply you with a large number of sockets at that price.  ;-)