Considering Injector Change..

I have a currently stock '94 LT1.
I am considering changing out my injectors for larger ones. The ones I have
have over 140,000 miles on them and are likely due to be changed. I am
flowing a little more air then stock and I figured being able to throw more
fuel at the engine would be good. Especially if I decide to go with a NOS
system I want the injectors to be able to handle the pressure.

I understand I have 24lb injectors now. If I go to 30# or 36# injectors I
won't be hurting anything will I? I AM using LT1 edit and can change the
program to reflect the added injection.

I am guessing my duty cycle will be less that way.
But can someone tell me the pros and cons to doing this change before the
engine really needs it?

I figure though that if I am going to buy injectors I only want to buy them
once.