Re: more details sbc in place of lt1

 The HEI won't produce LoRes 4x / HiRes 360 x pulses that the LT1 PCM wants.
Since there's room for Long Water Pump , maybe get creative and make a custom front cover that'll accept the OptiSpark . then the majority of the rubs are eliminated.
Save for accessory drive system , that can be concocted from numerous stock
parts / serpentine stuff from mid to late 80s Caprice or truck pieces. Seems lots
of work , altho "other" alternatives are more time and $$$. That's my take.
If a sharp metal smith / machinist is handy ,the Opti Spark thing is doable.
Done that ourselves in house and it works. FWIW.
Len Sabatine

More detail in my previous question of sbc in place of lt1:
Car is a 1995 9C1 Caprice, no collector value, I already have a stout 406 sbc
(Chevy High Performance article build up, Iron Eagle heads, 6" rods, KB
pistons, stock crank)  lt1 needs rebuilding.
I was contemplating using the stock 4l60e and pcm, maf, wiring, etc. (with
mini-ram) thinking that the only input missing would be the optispark signal
(a regular hei distributer fits with a little trimming of the base, and I was
planning on using a stock computer distributor or a crank fired msd or
similar setup) but I confess that at this time i do not know if the tps and
other sensors are the same.  Brackets and cables I can handle, I was hoping
to use the stock pcm with lt1 edit for the computer.
Thanks again for input and any additional input on this matter.  SKip