Re: more details sbc in place of lt1

LOL!  That's just proof that Asian cars are made from recycled tuna
cans. : )

But seriously, I think that I would transport the sensor to a
distributor if I had the room.  I suggested the Chrysler dizzy because
it may already have a similarly sized sensor installed.  If nothing
else, it might be good to look at one.  The distributor used on Vortec
pickup engines has a hall effect camshaft position sensor.  I've
already removed the shutter wheel from one of those and started taking
notes.

As far as optisparks are concerned, they're junk.  100k mi reliability
is nothing to brag about these days.  Distributor systems easily last
longer than that without major component failure.  DIS systems on
stock vehicles will last over 150k without trouble.  The real issue,
IMO, is that there are no better parts to install.  It's nice to know,
when you have the front of the engine removed and a $600 to $800 bill
waiting to be delivered to the customer, that you're removing a piece
of garbage and the part you're installing is a good replacement that
will give years of trouble free service.  With the opti, you're just
setting it up to fail again.

We even hold mini opti classes, telling Vette owners to watch for oil
leaks, stay out of puddles, don't wash the engine....  Ever try to
tell a Corvette guy he can't wash his engine?  Not good.

Oil and water leaks are definitely a large portion of the problem.
But they aren't the only things that cause opti's to fail.
See what happens when you mention optispark on a day when I have to
replace one?

Shannen