Re: 747 Rom Emulator / design

"Niinikoski, Juha" wrote:

> [...]

Can you make a board for it?  I don't think it would be hard to get a
group buy together once a few prototypes have been tested.  Maybe you
could talk to some of the bin editor people (GME, tunercat, promedit,
winbin) and get support from them for your emulator.  Would be as simple
as spitting out s19 records for any changes.  Let us know how it goes
once you've tested in a car.

As far as DP ram, IDT makes them and they're really no more complicated
than SRAM.  There are two address busses, two data busses, one of each
to the EPROM socket and PIC.  As I recall there weren't any contention
issues to worry about as far as accessing the same address from both
ports since th ECM only reads, never writes.  go to IDTs WWW page and
search for IDT7008

--steve

--
Steve Ravet