Diferent emulator projects

> I have designed one already, based on the discussion of this group from
> when
> it first started. It uses DP Ram, and a PIC 16f877, Max 233, and few other
> small parts. It will read a EPROM, and share the COM port with an onboard
> ALDL monitor. It works with WinBin in a real time mode. It has worked on
> the
> bench, and is only awaiting final proof in a real running car.
>
> Eric

	Hi Eric
	being quite new on the list I did not know about your project. There
seems to be some similarities in our projects. First I was also thinking to
write ram between ECM eprom chip selects. This requires few latches and
little bit glue logic, board area and work.  I however decided to keep my
design as simple as possible and use "standard" components. I am using
special Simtek STK10C68 nvram but emulator works as well with standard
srams. I have tested it with some recycled 486pc cache rams. At least
IDT7164 and Cypress CY7C185 parts. Also (at least just now) I am only
interested 747 stuff. My main project still is to EFI my 3.5 V8 Rover.

	I am going to be most of next week without Internet. So be patient
with responses from me.

	Juha