Re: hotter plugs on hopped rebuild

If your'e into worrying about heat range , stick with the 43s , want to open gap to let's say .045 , use 2x platinums to minimize erosion, spiral core wire set helps deliver more of the spark that's been generated ,to the plug as well. If you want to get serious about Engine tuning , get into "reading" the spark plug color and watch for pepper on the insulator. Defaulting to O2 mv readings as a tuning tool can get you into trouble post haste.
 The art of reading plugs is the ONLY way to ascertain what's going on in the
 combustion chamber, a dead plug beat's detonation,  hands down.
Smokey Yunick once said , "If some one wins a race with a pile of dog crap on their hood , next week , everyone will have dog crap on their hoods." quote , unquote.
   Len
I just had my LO5 TBI350 truck motor rebuilt. It was bored 30 over and now
has a cam with 204/214 duration, 420/440 lift and separation of 110. The AC
Delco book list a plug of CR43TS with a gap of .035. I am wondering if
moving to a CR45TS and widening the gap would be beneficial. .035 seems
awfully tight for a HEI ignition. Anyone see a problem with the hotter plug?

Paul Washburn
lpwcruzr@netzero.net

Request a CDROM  1-800-333-3633