Re: Can a GM ECM be tuned

>So what is necessary for reflashing? Can it be done with common equipment?

>>They can be reflashed... Not sure the address, but there are several
people
>>that have cracked into the PCM for the 96 LT1.
>>I also believe there is a rom dump from that PCM on the ftp site...
>>ftp://diy-efi.org/incoming

Well, I've got an LS1 PCM on my desk right now that I'm going to be removing
the flash chip from and reading with an EMP-20 (the chip is an Intel
AB28F400BX - 4 Mbit flash chip). Biggest problem is that it uses a chip
package that doesn't lend itself to being inserted in a conventional
reader/programmer very well. I'm going to make a little adapter for it if I
can, and if that doesn't work, I'll carefully solder wires on each of the 44
legs. ;)

The 94/95 LT1 flash chip is *easy* to work with, since it's a standard
32-pin PLCC package. Took about an hour for me to build a PLCC to DIP
adapter so I could read that one with my burner.

As long as your burner supports the chip, you can read and flash it all you
want. My Needhams EMP-10 supports the Intel AN28F512 that's found on the
94/95 LT1 PCM, but the replacement chip from Catalyst (CAT28F512NA) doesn't
work in the EMP-10 (but it does work in the EMP-20 we have at work).

Gotta watch out for flopped address lines, though. GM does that. ;)

-Andrew