Re: Can a GM ECM be tuned

>Thanks!! This is what I've been looking for. I'll check out an EMP-20. Does
>anyone make a socket for the flash chip? if so, it should be easy to make
an
>adpater. Now I can start digging out the calibration info.

What kind of flash chip package is it? If it's PLCC, yes, they do, you can
check out the adapters at http://www.xtronics.com - click on their Pocket
Programmer link - their adapters are a decent price. Mine was cheap (PLCC
socket, protoboard, and DIP socket). I'm going to be ordering a "real" one
sometime soon, though - probably from Xtronics. I've had some problems with
mine (had a PLCC socket go bad, caused lotsa problems).

Other adapters are available, but the more esoteric, the more expensive.
We're talking $5 in parts for homebrew, $60 from Xtronics, $105 from
Needhams, and the prices keep going up from there.

Cheers,

Andrew