Re: Can a GM ECM be tuned

>Hi Andrew, I'm very interested in what you learn as you tinker with the LS1
>PCM. I have a 1998 LS1 from a Z28 Camaro that I plan to put in my 1964
>Impala SS. I've been wondering how I might program it if I add a blower or
>turbo. I thought those PCMs had EEPROM rather than Flash, No? Or maybe
Flash
>for programs and EEPROM for the fuel table and spark advance? Maybe I have
>bad information?

I'm interested in what I'll learn too. ;)

It's definitely a flash chip.

You could always talk to Steve at TTS ( http://www.ttspowersystems.com ) -
his Powerloader would be able to load your PCM with a program, and he'd be
able to set it up for any mods you might have. Or Ed Wright at
http://www.fastchip.com is able to reprogram LS1 OBDII PCMs. He does a ton
of 'em. No owner-tweaking utilities available - *yet*. :)

-Andrew