Re: Ecu Identification needed.

Richard Wakeling wrote:

> Hi All,
>     Can anyone give some info on the following ECU's
>     Both are vehicles from Saudi Arabia.
>
>   VEHICLE           SERVICE NO.            MEMCAL NO.
> 1-  Caprice 92       16136965                      AYAL 3703

This ECM is very similar to the 1227747 ECM used on chevy trucks, and of
programming 101 fame.  In fact, it's almost a plug in replacement.  Only
a few wires need to be moved in the ECM connector to plug in a 747.
This ECM (and attached 5.7L) is currently in my S-10 Blazer.  There is
small bit of information about the 6965 in the archives, search for the
part number.

--steve

--
Steve Ravet