EPROM Programming

Hello All,

I am interested in modifying my GMECM EPROM. I have read Programming 101 and
the tuning tips. So is it as simple as getting an EPROM burner, getting
tuning software like Tunercat, getting their chip TDF file for the ECM that I
have, making the changes, and then burning the chip? Will the .bin files on
the DIY-EFI site work without any changes? Or do I have to remove the VATS
and EGR functions? In reading the tuning tips by Dr. Bruce Plecan, it appears
that you make a change, drive the car, then make another change. Isn't that
very time consuming since you have to reburn the chip every time, or is he
using some real time program he didn't mention?

Last, does anyone know if the fuel pressure on a TBI system changes with
engine vacuum like it does on a TPI system?

Thanks for the help.

John Wilson