Re: EPROM Programming

> I am interested in modifying my GMECM EPROM. I have read Programming 101
and
> the tuning tips. So is it as simple as getting an EPROM burner, getting
> tuning software like Tunercat, getting their chip TDF file for the ECM
that I
> have, making the changes, and then burning the chip? Will the .bin files
on
> the DIY-EFI site work without any changes? Or do I have to remove the VATS
> and EGR functions? In reading the tuning tips by Dr. Bruce Plecan, it
appears
> that you make a change, drive the car, then make another change. Isn't
that
> very time consuming since you have to reburn the chip every time, or is he
> using some real time program he didn't mention?

There was nothing "trick" or "secret" left out.
Contrary to what so many folks want there is no sweet and simple 15 min way
to optimise a chip, for a modified engine.  Least not if you want close to
perfection.
Once, you get a chip "perfect", and you see what even a 747 can do, it will
truely amaze you.
It took about 400 "burns" to get things right. Time consuming, yes.  I'm
much faster now.  I can dial in a stock engine (for WOT) in about a dozen
chips or less now.  Probably 100 or less for modified engine, but I've done
alot of chips in the last few years, and looked at many chips that others
have done.
Used only the tools mentioned in tuning tips
Grumpy