Re: EPROM Programming

> So I thought I would just write my own chips. It just seemed like
> a horrendously long task to burn a chip, drive it, change it, and so on.
Dr.
> Plecan

Doc, not PhD

, since you obviously now know what a perfect chip can do, how do the
> aftermarket chips, (Hypertech, TurboCity, TPIS, etc.) stack up to your
work?

Ya, ever try to get a Dr., to cure you over the phone?.
Can't happen..
I just threw out a bunch of them (aftermarket ones).
Most of what I've seen is use a lower temp thermostat (which can get you 6%
more full), couple degrees timing, and redone fan ooperating temps.

Just yesterday a guy was by with a 89 TA. His xxxxx chip slowed his car down
by several MPH in an unoffical 1/4.  A stock ARAP (?, it's late), any way
added 2+4 degrees here and there at WOT and he went 3 MPH faster, and better
WOT response.  Err, well also, moved a few degrees around..

> Are they close or are they way behind? How close can they get just by you
> giving them your engine specs? Turbocity actually brags about the ability
of
> their chip man. I can't believe they could spend the time you have and
make
> it profitable for them.

Well, I spent 300 for a Turbo city chip for my cross fire 747 conversion.
The deal was a reburn was $50.  They sent me one for a manual tranny, and I
had an auto.  Since I obviously told them the wrong tranny, it cost me
another 50, to get one chip for my car.  Bzzzzzt, wrong answer, so I took
the path to start figuring things out.

> Last, it seems that the emulator in the WINBIN link would really reduce
the
> chip perfection time. Is this program a viable project?

It's a work in progress.

 Why hasn't this been
> done already by Diacom?

Different systems info entirely.

 Actually, Haltech E6GM may be the same thing but I
> gathered it was not a GM ECM but some sort of less featured copy.

It's an australian aftermarket ecm.
Grumpy