RE: EPROM Programming

	Mark,

	Thanks for answering my questions. Its not that I'm not willing to
"do the homework" as you call it but one of the first things I learned after
graduating from engineering school is don't do the same thing twice. Ask
someone who's been there and build on it. And its only forums like this
where the truth is separated from the unfounded boasting. My main question
that I guess I didn't write clearly enough is are the .bin files on the
GMECM site ones that some of you have retuned and placed for others to use,
or would that be too dangerous to start with another's retune. I would think
it would be helpful to compare say your retune against stock to see where
performance gains are found. I recently put a TPI on my Chevy 350 in a
manual Jeep Cherokee.
	Maf or sd( maf is from 85-89  sd is 90-92...)  also 165 ecm and 730
respectively

	 The chip I have came with the ECM I bought off Ebay. It seems to
work OK, but I get a code 24 a lot, (speed sensor) so I'm trying to decide
if its worth it to buy a burner and fix it myself or buy a speed sensor.
	>>>.Ahhhhhh ya see, if ya had searched the archive for speed sensor,
you would have found quite a few threads on the subject..
other stuff mentioned in the archives.....also for the type to use....the
archive desc many options.
	For you grand wag...if it has cruise, the inline vss on the spedo
cable wil work.... Just splice into  one of the wires to the input to the
ecm.. voala done...

	But since I'm the kind of guy who likes to know my car like a cowboy
knows his horse, I like the retune idea better. And now that I know what is
possible with a retune, I'm definitely going to go for the retune. Plus, I
am trying to put GM FI on my Grand Wagoneer. Would it be a reasonable guess
that a stock GM suburban 4X4 .bin calibration would work (until I get around
to a retune) with my Jeep 4X4 as long as the VATS is turned off? One other
thing, Jason Weir put GM FI on his Jeep. I followed his trail from the
beginning.  The only thing that seemed to not get answered was why he felt
that the GM spark curve would not work with his Jeep.
	Definitely not.. amc's have diff cylinder head config....bad bad
exhaust ports.. slugish intake ports...sorta like an olds motor.. from what
iv'e found, they need allot less adv than 350 chev.. also they detonat
easy..

	He hasn't returned my E-mails. Do you know?
	Thanks.