Re: EPROM Programming

Adaptive memory was not designed to fix sloppy tuning. In very basic terms , it attempts to keep a high level of tune at all times , within it's own limits of course. You get the spark and fuel maps optimized in sync, or just waste your time because the adaptive memory won't fix a "tune up" that hasn't been "optimized". Take the time to do it right. If this isn't clear read "Programming 101 ". In Hi Performance work , "Close" is unacceptable.
  Len

Mike,

OK, now for the $1,000,000 question. I have been led to believe that the
whole reason for going with GM FI was for the self-adaptive learning that it
does via the integrator and BLM. I was under the impression this thing tuned
itself and all you had to do was get it close and let the BLM adjustments
take it from there. But from what I have learned, the BLM only handles fuel
and not spark. So shouldn't I concentrate on spark and let fuel self adjust?