Re: EPROM Programming

You have to watch out when changing the blm boundries. The
'747 in particular will stop learning once outside of the blm cell
rpm/map bounds, but will continue to do fuel corrections based
on those cells, when outside of the boundries.

(I'm having trouble thinking how to explain this. . .)

Say the max rpm boundry is 2000 rpm, the ecm will continue
to do a blm learn as long as the engine speed is below that 2Krpm.

Once the engine speed is above that 2K, learn is turned off.
However, the ecm will continue to use those cells that stop at
2Krpm, to change the fueling. The ecm just picks whichever
one covers the current map value.

This is also true for the map boundries.

I discovered this quite accidentally when I attempted to cover a
small area of the ve table with the blm cells. Darn near couldn't
drive the car once those cells started changing.

(a reason I always carry an eprom that I know works <g>)

BobR.