From: rr <RRauscher@nni.com>
To: gmecm@diy-efi.org
Subject: Re: 747 Rom Emulator / design
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 17:22:46 -0400

Dual port ram is really not required. It's expensive and can be
tough to get. Remember that the ecm's bus cycle time is almost
a usec. Some 100 to 150 nsec SRAM can easily be updated
within a part of the cycle.

Another way to look at it is: Does it matter if the ecm goes into
limp when your updating the ram, you can't be driving at
the same time your punching keys on a laptop.

BobR.

<snip>