Macintosh Scantool Software...

I've been looking for a while now and haven't been able to find any
software that'll run on a Mac for tapping/analyzing an ECM.  Does
anybody know of anything that's out there that I can use with relatively
little trouble?  I've dabbled a little in C/C++, but I don't have nearly
enough technical competency in the language to write my own setup.  The
guinea pig ECM is a 1227730 P4 module [on an '88 Chevy 2.8 MPFI], so I
tried using Carsten Meyer's 'ALDL-Monitor' in a DOS emulator, but I keep
running into problems with the serial port hardware.  Also, I found that
I was unable to download a functional executable of his software from
his site [on three different machines [two Macs & a Win98 box]], so I
ended compiling it myself from the Pascal source in an emulated DOS
shell.

I am also limited to emulating DOS and Win16 only.  I suppose that if I
had the equipment to run some of the later emulators that can run Win32
OSes, I could take a shot at running CarBytes or the like, but for now,
my choices are MacOS [System 7.55], DOS 6.21, and Windows 3.1, with the
latter two being rather iffy in terms of port compatibility.

And advice or commentary is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jason Reizner