Re: Off Topic: How to manually solder SMD chips?

It's important to have a good soldering iron, with a narrow tip.  You
can get a Weller WTCPT brand new from Digikey (www.digikey.com) for
$138.  Get the PTS7 tip for it.  That will allow you to solder SOIC and
J lead style cases pretty easily, as long as you don't drink too much
coffee.

Here's a link that offers several methods of soldering high density
devices:

http://fiddes.net/coldfire/solder.htm

--steve

Jose Carlos Felicio Rublescki wrote:

> Hi. Sorry this is off-topic.
>
> Does anyone have experience in manually soldering SMD chips?
> How can I solder without inadvertedly connecting several pins together?
>
> Jose Carlos

Steve Ravet
steve.ravet@arm.com
ARM,Inc.