Re: Injector opening time

OK, PEAK and hold.  Pick and hold comes from the relays we
used for about a hundred years in the phone business; we
phased them out about the time electronic fuel injection
came in

Mike, if you don't want the old 70s Cadillac ECU, send it to
Aurora, IL.  I have reverse engineered them, and we need
parts to keep some of the old cars rolling

Thanks for the info; I'm getting signals that around 1 ms
of pulse width is not effective in delivering fuel.  I am not
concerned with actually shutting them off.  I am looking
at operation where there should be no overlap between
the opening and closing part of the cycle.  The problem
is trying to take some curves (line segments) in this
analog ECU and modify them for say, 10% more fuel.
The 10% increase in pulse width should be applied to
the part of the pulse which actually delivers fuel, not lost
to opening/closing.  Another problem is trying to figure if
the mixture is getting richer at idle or WOT by comparing
pulse width to absolute manifold pressure.  But only the
 "fuel delivery" part of the pulse should be used. Bruce Roe