Re: ECM calibrations for upgraded Xfire

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bruce Plecan" <nacelp@bright.net>
To: <gmecm@diy-efi.org>
Sent: Thursday, August 10, 2000 2:43 PM
Subject: Re: ECM calibrations for upgraded Xfire

> > I have actually done some of the things you've described. The TBI units
> are
> > 2" with stock injectors.

> Stock for what application?.

ORIGINAL FOR VETTE APPLICATION WITH 2 DIFFERENT INJECTORS FRONT/REAR

>  The Extrude Hone process increased air capacity by
> > 30% along with port matching the intake and exhaust manifolds.

> And which manifold did you start with,
> The shared runner version, or the isolated?

I HAVE 5071 WITH BALANCER PORTS
>  All emissions
> > is operational.
> >  The TFS heads have 195cc intake runners, aluminum and 64cc chambers
with
> > angled plugs. I figure compression ratio went from 9.0 to 10-10.5. The
cam
> > is a retrofit hyd. roller with full roller rockers. Ignition is using
> Accel
> > Supercoil and MSD6A. I went to the drags and also put vehicle on dyno
with
> > the stock chip from Turbo City. I believe the knock sensor was retarding
> > timing and inspecting the plugs later showed they were running lean.
> Exhaust
> > is stock with Random Tech cat/Flowmasters/ and DynoMax Y-pipe. They have
> > since sent me a new chip which fattened up fuel curve and bumped initial
> > advance and lowered total advance. It seems to be running well although
> > believe it is still a little rich at startup idle and at a steady
cruise.
> > don' think WOT operation is very far off but I am thinking of renting
> Diacom
> > + software to really tell. What mods had you done to yours? Can you give
> me
> > any clue as to timing and fuel curves you had used?
>
> 2"ers
> 95 lb hr injectors?

I BELIEVE THE STOCK INJECTORS ARE 66LBS/HR. WHAT ABOUT CHANGING FUEL PUMP TO
1985 WITH 24 LBS AND BUMPING REGULATOR TO 13-15LBS??

> Remote fuel pressure regulators, one vacuum referenced, TB plumbed in
> pararel not series

ADVANTAGE ?AND REQUIRES SEPARATE REGULATORS?

 Nor EGR tunnel.

DRIVEABILITY AND EMISSIONS??

> !/4" lid spacer to increase plenumm volume.

ANY SOURCES FOR SPACER? HOW ABOUT TBI SPACERS INSTEAD?

Cut back runner roofs 5/8".

DONE

> Different IAC Pintles (custom)

> Different air filters.

USING K&N

> Differences in vehicles has a tremendous influence in the tuning, and I
can
> quarantee you you'd be better off starting with something close, as you
have
> then what I had.
> Bruce

Thanks Bruce. Some of these mods appear very interesting. Did you ever try
re-routing the air destined for radiator by cutting radiator shroud and
sealing opening to channels for air lid?
WHEN YOU SAY "GREAT CHIP FOR THAT CAR" WHERE WOULD YOU START?