Re: ECM calibrations for upgraded Xfire

Why the yelling?.

> ORIGINAL FOR VETTE APPLICATION WITH 2 DIFFERENT INJECTORS FRONT/REAR

<snip>

> I BELIEVE THE STOCK INJECTORS ARE 66LBS/HR. WHAT ABOUT CHANGING FUEL PUMP
> 1985 WITH 24 LBS AND BUMPING REGULATOR TO 13-15LBS??

The late cop cars had 65s, the pickups 55, and the Cross fires were reported
smaller yet.

> > Remote fuel pressure regulators, one vacuum referenced, TB plumbed in
> > pararel not series
> ADVANTAGE ?AND REQUIRES SEPARATE REGULATORS?

It gets away from the staggered silliness (IMHO) that GM did with the
original design.  For a lopo setup fine, but approching 1Hp/CID is no longer
lopo.
Main point was that my maps wouldn't be anything similiar to what your
running.

>  Nor EGR tunnel.
> DRIVEABILITY AND EMISSIONS??

OK, what about them <g>

> > !/4" lid spacer to increase plenumm volume.
> ANY SOURCES FOR SPACER?

Hardware store.

 HOW ABOUT TBI SPACERS INSTEAD?

I included that in tuning doc.

> Cut back runner roofs 5/8".
> DONE
> > Different IAC Pintles (custom)
> > Different air filters.
> USING K&N

> > Differences in vehicles has a tremendous influence in the tuning, and I
> can
> > quarantee you you'd be better off starting with something close, as you
> have
> > then what I had.
> > Bruce
>
> Thanks Bruce. Some of these mods appear very interesting. Did you ever try
> re-routing the air destined for radiator by cutting radiator shroud and
> sealing opening to channels for air lid?

Nope, I've spent hours and hours on "ram air", and accurately measuring
performance and correcting fuel and timing, with no real return for
investment.  Maybe on some engine bay config.s it would help. But, when they
do work it's more often correcting a wrong calibration
The above ref street cars
Grumpy

> WHEN YOU SAY "GREAT CHIP FOR THAT CAR" WHERE WOULD YOU START?
> >

> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Dominic

TBI