Re: big inch SBC EFI intake mainfold

Bruce,

> > Actually one that sticks out like a sore thumb is the fact that synching
> > up an SEFI controller does nothing for the engine except at very low
> > rpms...and then most of the gains are not in driveability, but
> > emissions.  His feeling is that even at low rpms that the 'puddle' of
> > fuel on the intake valve would never really puddle since the valve is so
> > hot and at low rpms, there is not enough fuel there to matter anyway.
>
> I can totally see that, but then the guestion is why do the SEFI buicks run
> so bad when 180d out on the cam sensor?.

Dunno anything about them so of course I am not qualified to make any
postulations since I am sure it has been beat to death in GN circles.
You are the second person to mention this out loud about the Buicks in
less than a month to me.  Doesn't make any sense at all.  Nobody has a
better explanation?

BTW, I have never actually run a SEFI system 'unsynched'.  Imagine the
SEFI8LO would do it...  Just relaying what he said...8 years ago no
less. <G>

Later dates.
--
Scott Knight  mailto:scott@scottknight.com