Re: ECM calibrations for upgraded Xfire

> I am intrigued by your message regarding the gray color. I cannot be sure
> that it isn't the result of the original black with now a leaner mixture.

I can just about guarantee you went with a little more timing, the plugs
went light in color and then started fatting up the fuel.   Or some
combination there off.

> Exhaust pipes also show similar signs, not sooty at all.

With the advent of high detergent unleaded, ignore the the pipes.

 The motor sounds
> quite strong and idles well at 750-800 rpm. it also pulls well into the
low
> 5g range and much quicker than before. So I can't imagine that the mixture
> and timing is that far off. No sign of detonation as previous either. I do
> believe that at least "cruise" can be leaned out somewhat

I could easily run to 6+, just never saw any drop in ET so lowered it.
Doesn't take that much.
Err, well, imagining is for the Hawkins of the world.
Testing, experimenting, and logic is what gets a good running car, IMO
Grumpy