Re: Haltech E6GM Questions

> Anyone considered using the Haltech E6GM replacement ECM as a tuning
device,
> and then translating those values into EPROM code for the factory ECM?

Yes,
trouble is no TCC, or EST, there were a few problems.
Would be OK for for like a 808 cal.. But is a really expensive emulator.
Others available much cheaper.

 It
> would seem to me that you could use the Haltech as a real time emulator,
get
> the tuning just right, and then use the tuning values in a bin file to
burn
> an EPROM for the same car. If this seems possible, anyone know if the VE
> values can be converted from one ECM to the other? Are VE values in
absolute
> units, in other words, are all VE values the same as in lbs. vs. lbs.?

No Haltech uses time, gm VE, PITA to cross things over I'd expect.

 Or are
> the VE values just arbitrary units that differ from ECM to ECM?

Gms use VE for the MAP systems.  and a % correction to MAF

It seems to
> me that this device would be a good substitute for Diacom or a scanner and
> the time saved alone would be worth the $300 extra cost if the values are
> transferable.

Ever try to get a Haltech, in weriwofjwoie, OH, on a saturday afternoon?.