From: owner-gmecm@diy-efi.org [mailto:owner-gmecm@diy-efi.org]On Behalf
Of Romans, Mark
Sent: Saturday, August 12, 2000 6:20 PM
To: gmecm@diy-efi.org
Subject: Re: Ported MAF

I am working on converting my 87 to 90 radiator shroud, dual fans, and 90
air filter ducting so I can run a 730 ecm and speed density to get around
the fact that the maf will read more than 255 grams/sec but the software
won't.
I have never researched it other than anecdotally but the Porsche 928 is
supposed to use a larger bosch maf.  I suspect if all the ducting was
replaced with larger ducting and some time was spent calibrating the maf
with the larger bosch maf you could make it work.
Mark