Re: Ported MAF

> I love the idea of true airflow vs. estimated
> airflow.  Any thoughts?

It's not true air flow, anyway.  It's a conversion done thru tables just the
same as the calcs are done for MAP.
  Lets see, at closed loop the O2 sensor is the final authority.  At WOT you
are at the limits, or exceeding the limits of the MAF, so why even bother.
  Please don't repeat what's been said forever, about it's alledeged
accuracy since that's nulled by the O2 anyway.
  Now in a totally open loop system that MAF might be a good idea, if it was
designed for enough capacity.
  Toss in the fact that the AEs all have to be richer then necessary, and
you just can't win, IMO.
Win meaning as close a possible to the perfect fuel / spark calibration.
Grumpy
87 Black Car