Re: MAF and 89 Vet stuff

Dominic Sorresso wrote:

> I upgraded my 84 ECM to a 7747 from Turbo City. My 4+3 OD works well enough
> although not exactly as original. In the original program from TB City, it
> would not engage when flipping the switch. Later, Turbo City provided
> iterations of the chip which enabled OD operation thru switch and
> accelerator. My only real problem at this point is that the trans will  drop
> out of OD at hi speed when TPS is near or at closing. Can't tell at this
> point but I would estimate about 20% TPS. However, kickdown to direct will
> happen at about 74mph. Therefore it will coastdown in OD say from 85mph with
> <20% TPS until it reaches 74 mph at which point direct gear is engaged.
> Tapping accelerator brings back OD. At low speed, OD disengages at 34mph
> with <20% TPS. OD operation was enabled with NO pin reconfiguration at ECM.

Haha.  No pin reconfig, that is, after reconfig from crossfire ecm to
747.  It's not like you're comparing 2 different year Vettes with
facory cals and ecms when you say this. : )

> Is there any way to remedy (eliminate) kickdown at hi speed either with
> software change or pin reconfig?
What ecm terminal is the o/d switch connected to in your car?  How
about the o/d relay?  These would be a clue as to what to change in
the prom.  The 86-88 cars use the tcc line for o/d control.
BTW, anyone who switches to a later (auto trans) cal. in the Vette
might want to watch for an illuminated o/d light in the dash
afterward.  There's no specific wire from the ecm to control that
light, I believe the instrument cluster is turning on the light based
on serial data from the ecm.
Shannen