Re: ALDL European version

Thanks Alex...

alexpeper wrote:
>=20
> This is the ISO 9141 initialization,  possible used for some
> Euro Bosch GM, such  as Opel or Geo.  Car will then return
> $55 to determine baud rate.
> Alex

Here's some info I found (check out the links too!). Anyone have
a better link?

Anyone played with this protocol? (my own interest is purely=20
academic at this point).

from  http://www.mobiltex.com/~skornak/obd2.html ...

  ISO9141-2 =96 This is the 10.4kbps asynchronous protocol used=20
  mainly on Chrysler, European, and Asian vehicles.  The protocol
  messages are the J1850 messages but the physical interface is=20
  different.   The protocol bit format is the same as an=20
  asynchronous PC serial port but the unique bit rate and voltages
  require a converter to be used for PC to vehicle communications. =20
  A slow 5bps handshake sequence is require to initialize the ISO=20
  interface to start communications.  Most vehicles will terminate
  the communications session if a command is not received for 5=20
  seconds.  Single wire.