Re: Tuning Eproms (was ECM 1228746 Help)

In a message dated 08/14/2000 3:19:55 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
WEG1192@aol.com writes:

<<  found this ECM #1228746 in Ludis's site and it is listed as using the
same circuit
 board as the 1227747 ECM. I also found a bin file for it in the DIY incoming
 ftp. But I can't find the pinout diagram. Does it use the same pinout as the
 7747 if it has the same circuit board? >>

Anyone?

Also, disconnected my O2 the other day and drove around to see how "off" my
EPROM was. The voltage on the disconnected O2 was never below 0.7 volts and
sometimes up to 0.9 volts. And this was without resetting the BLMs back to
128. I bet if I take power from the ECM and do this again, it may not run at
all. Any comments?

Also, concerning tuning EPROMS. I can see why you would want to tune the fuel
to get the BLMs to 128. You are basically getting the mixture right on to
where the O2 is a redundant sensor. But the timing seems to be a different
situation. Since there is no timing equivalent of the BLM (other than the
knock retard safety device), is it possible that GM sets the timing where it
is to minimize emissions such as NOx at part throttle? Maybe do-it-yourself
tuners should concentrate on timing at WOT only since its a free for all
there, i,e, emissions be damned. Or do I have too much faith in GM's talents?
Are you DIY tuners changing timing strictly to get the most performance out
of your engines and discarding emissions concerns, or are you saying GM is
doing a half arsed job in both timing and fuel?