Re: Ford injectors

Eric,

I can't vouch for whether the Ford injectors will actually be identical
electrically, but I have been told by bunches of people that they will work.
The electrical connector does fit since I just went out and tried one and it
worked. The only problem I can see is that the Ford injector is about 1/8"
shorter than the GM injector which means the Ford will not fit up inside the
fuel rail as far. But I put a Ford injector in my spare rail and it seems to
go far enough to seal good. I believe the Ford injector is a Japanese part
since the word Denso is on the side, maybe there is a relation between Nippon
Denso, maybe not. At just slightly more than $25 per injector, I think GM is
going to lose my injector business unless someone convinces me that GM
injectors are better in quality sufficiently to justify using GM ones.

John Wilson