Re: Ford injectors

On Thu, 17 Aug 2000, Kevin Crain wrote:

> > > My GM 24# injectors are nice 'n quiet.  Probably don't spray nearly as
> > > uniformly as SVOs...
> >
> > I'd like to see data before assuming that.
>
> Me too.  That was a supposition, not an assumption.  :-)  I'd love to see
> spray pattern comparison data, the GMs are cheap and plentiful as the guys
> driving '94-'97 LT1s love swapping them out.

The real reason they think they are better (the ford/bosch injectors)
is a few on the fourth-gen list say they are better because they don't
lockup at high fuel pressures (60+psi), and the others seem to notice
and believe the 24lb injectors will be better for all applications
even their application that is not using high fuel pressures.

On mine I swapped 22lb GM (93 f-body LT1) out for 30lb ford svo
injectors mainly because I was concerned about not having enough fuel,
and according to the kind of pulsewidths I was running on the 30lb
injectors (7.3ms) I would have required 9.9ms (at 6000rpm-well past
lockup of around 9ms) and would not have had enough fuel.  I may also
have been a bit on the lean side at 7.3ms on the 30lb injectors.

> > that quietness probably equates to slower/softer
> > > opening & closing.
> >
> > Or maybe just design, ball, disc, pintle.  If slower / softer then might
> > mean longer lasting, and consistant through out life expectancy
>
> These are the Multec design if I understand correctly.  I got two sets,
> will snap a pic of the base and post to the list.  Very unique design,
> they pass the fuel thru a machined plate with holes in it.

I did not notice mine being louder, but the 93 is a batch fire car (it
fires each sides set of 4 at the same time).

			Roger