Re: 7730/ANHT code problem

chetwagner@uswest.net wrote:

> I am in the middle of a conversion that will be
> using the 7730 and hopefully the ANHT/AUJP code.  [...]
> It almost
> seems like the code was made specifically for the V8 and nothing
> else.

I think that GM used the mask 8D code only for V8's.  While the mask 8D
does contain a software cylinder select, it's quite likely that this
mask version was only tested on a V8.  Many parts of it might not obey
the cylinder select.

> The memcal is from a 4 cyl application, especially from a 2.3L 88
> Grand Am(7749).  The cyl select work when I use the code from a
> SyTy/Sunbird.  Unfortunately that is not the code that I would like
> to use,

Wanting to use the mask 8D for a 4 cylinder is like wanting to put a SBC
into a Mustang just because all your friends have Z28's.

> besides, I can't seem to get the engine to run when I set
> the 1bar/2bar setting to 1 bar MAP.

When you "flip the switch", you also have to change your MAP sensor and
various PROM table values, notably the main ignition timing table.