From: owner-gmecm@diy-efi.org [mailto:owner-gmecm@diy-efi.org]On Behalf
Of Shannen Durphey
Sent: Friday, August 18, 2000 3:27 AM
To: gmecm@diy-efi.org
Subject: Re: teknickle difikulty

Somewhere around 1800-2200 rpm the module will advance timing if it's
not getting 5V from the ecm.  It's very sudden.  Disconnect 5V line,
start at 800, bring rpm up.  Watch for timing to jump.

Timing matching with EST unplugged is a coincidence.  Prolly pretty
rare, too.  You might want to buy a lottery ticket since you're
beating the odds today.

With the EST disconnected  I'd bet it wouldn't take much to find an
rpm/vacuum where Diacom and the timing light don't agree, if you were
trying.

Shannen