Re: newby

> > I am building a Subaru 2.2 liter engine with a GMecm.  I currently have
> > couple 1227748 "G" ECMs.  All this for an experimental aircraft engine.
>
> Have you read Programming 101?.  It's off of the GMECM page
> Port injection, or Throttle body,  N/A Turbo charged.

It will be N/A, and a TBI with a twist.  It's a little foggy to me at this
point but
it's a great idea of Garfunkles for a dual-redundant system.  All that after
I get
comfortable with the basic TBI though.

> > My first question is in my search for a connection between my laptop and
> my
> > EPROM for programming.
>
> Might also think of data logging.   Diacom+, is a good way to record some
> data to see where you are with things.

That's exactly the term I couldn't think of, data-logging.  Thanks.

> Two choises in my book, GMEPro, or Tunercat, for editing the ecm you
choose.
> BUT, Not all ecms are supported for "hacing".  Gets back to my earlier
> guestions

I've read a lot about the GMEPro, but no software to be found.  Where can I
get
my hands on it?

>   Also for "erasing" the EPROM?
>
> For Burning EPROMs you' need something like Needhams, or Intronics Pocket
> Programmer.  Both Co.s sell Datraser II.

Thanks Bruce,

Andrew Plunkett