Re: newby

> > > I am building a Subaru 2.2 liter engine with a GMecm.  I currently
have
>>> a couple 1227748 "G" ECMs.

After reading where your at, the 747 seems like the best option at this
stage for you.  Thou, I'd really suggest you hunt down all the info you can
ie
visit   www.tunercat.com, and look at the FTP for stuff related to GMEPro.
There is a demo for GMEPro at the FTP, and tunercat has one for the 747
Cheers
Bruce

 All this for an experimental aircraft engine.
> > Have you read Programming 101?.  It's off of the GMECM page
> > Port injection, or Throttle body,  N/A Turbo charged.
> It will be N/A, and a TBI with a twist.  It's a little foggy to me at this
> point but it's a great idea of Garfunkles for a dual-redundant system.
All
> that after I get comfortable with the basic TBI though.
> > > My first question is in my search for a connection between my laptop
and
> > my EPROM for programming.
> > Might also think of data logging.   Diacom+, is a good way to record
some
> > data to see where you are with things.
> That's exactly the term I couldn't think of, data-logging.  Thanks.
> > Two choises in my book, GMEPro, or Tunercat, for editing the ecm you
> choose.  BUT, Not all ecms are supported for "hacing".  Gets back to my
earlier
> > guestions
> I've read a lot about the GMEPro, but no software to be found.  Where can
> get my hands on it?
> >   Also for "erasing" the EPROM?
> > For Burning EPROMs you' need something like Needhams, or Intronics
Pocket