RPM limit on 94-95 LT1 pcm's

 Specifically one's that came in f-bodies.  The spark tables go up to 7k, the VE
tables to 6.8 (it's a mass air system though).   I have a friend with a solid roller
setup, and at higher rpms his car will just die, and he will have to wait 10 seconds
or so (at lower rpm's) and it will start back up again.  I have taken mine to 7100
and it is fine, but does anyone know what the finite limit on rpm's is, and if there
is a workaround?

   Thank,
   Chris Bennight