Plug colors

Since it had been a while, I really didn't make an issue about the light
beige coloring.  Well, I had a set of junk plugs that I had off the old
engine that I installed in this motor to run the assembly oil off with.
They all were completely black, from cold starts.
  Well, pulled them out after 50 miles of test driving, and all were the
"perfect shade".
FWIW, this was with jus ol Sunoco 92 Octane.
If you are getting the pink, bone white coloring, I'd try different
stations.
Some Brand name stations are Co. owned but sell local brews.
Bruce
87 Black Car