Re: baffling turbo..

In a message dated 8/21/00 8:03:34 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
mrolica@meridian-mag.com writes:

>  Anyone ever seen this red exhaust smoke before??

I've had the red smoke.  I think it has to do with the intense
ex-housing heat.   I would get the red stuff on the first
time in boost after cruising for a while in non boosted mode.
I've seen it whan following my frind's turbo saab too.  I also
found my exhousing coauted with the stuff once when I
removed the turbo for some engine work..  Seems like carbon
that got super-heated or something..   Sorr can't help with the
boost problem.
Mike V