Re: ECM Availability

On Mon, 21 Aug 2000 17:20:43 -0400, "Bruce Plecan" <nacelp@bright.net>
wrote:

>I just carry a spare ecm, and eprom.  May explain why, I've never needed
>one.

Yeah, ain't it the troot. I'll rain the next time you wash black
beauty, too. Heh.

>I hate playing hide and seek on the road
>   Might think of just running the darn thing in limp home mode, and tune
>that mechanically.  Dunno what your really needing

Ooooh, nooo, the scenario I was sposing was a 'death in the family',
so injectors don't fire anymore, etc. So the backup is assumed to have
kicked in. But you don't want to fly very far running on backups
alone, so when the primary croaks, you use the backup just to get to a
divert point and make repairs. Besides, airplanes can't maintain
altitude very well on less than say 50-60% of full power.

Gar