Re: Clarification on Memcal issues

Tedscj@aol.com wrote:
> What I'm interested in clarifying is how the memcal affects the cylinder
> select and pinouts.

As I understand it, hardware cylinder select (a voltage level set by
resistors on the memcal) only affects limp home operation.  The value in
the EPROM is always used during normal operation.  In addition, the
hardware cyl select must match what's in the EPROM otherwise you get
limp home mode.  So you need more v8 memcals.

--steve

--
Steve Ravet
steve.ravet@arm.com