Re: 747 & 4cyls

On Mon, 21 Aug 2000 20:54:37 -0700, "Andrew Plunkett"
<aplunkett@home.com> wrote:

>Ok, I've been reading some more about this stuff now.  I have another couple
>questions.  Can the 747 be used with a 4 cyl?  And, can it be used with high
>impedance (12-16 ohm) injectors, such as the PI ones on my soob @ 260 cc/min
>each?

Hey Bruce, can you help Andy out with this one; I don't have my main
machine in hand yet, where I kept the notes on what kinda injection
style and cyl-counts are supported by what.

>What I am looking for is something that can utilize some of the stock Soob
>stuff.  I already tested the TPS and it gives the same signal as the GM, so
>I can use my Soob TB.

Hey, that's GREAT. Not having to hack on the stock throttle body is
really a help. On the subject of injectors, most all the GM ecms can
drive gangs of SAT injectors (that's what you have on the EJ-22, not
P&H like on the turbo EA-81), so you should be fine there.

Did you find some likely candidates for where to tap the induction for
MAP sensors, Andy? Just wondering if some of the old plumbing would
actually be useable.

Also, would anyone onlist be willing to take a stab at explaining how
the analog stuff on the memcal is used in limp mode, electrically
speakin? The only thing I've heard so far is the resistive network
sets the cyl-count, but that's about it as far as my understanding
goes.  Just exactly what else does the memcal provide to the ecm in
limp mode, and how does the ecm use it. In short, say more please!

Gar