Re: 747 & 4cyls

> >Ok, I've been reading some more about this stuff now.  I have another
couple
> >questions.  Can the 747 be used with a 4 cyl?  And, can it be used with
high
> >impedance (12-16 ohm) injectors, such as the PI ones on my soob @ 260
cc/min
> >each?
> Hey Bruce, can you help Andy out with this one; I don't have my main
> machine in hand yet, where I kept the notes on what kinda injection
> style and cyl-counts are supported by what.

There's a problem here.
The TBI is gonna want to fire the injectors per the factories strategy and
that is based on P+H injectors which can operate jus fine at about 1/2 the
pulse width of a Sat one.
So that is a big glitch.

Other thing is MAP is going to be all important on this. (MAF is way too
unreliable for aero use, IMO)

Forgot to ask, DIS or Distributor?.

Haven't been ignoring thread just got hot irons everywhere, and been tip
toeing around tryin not to get burnt...

Injector sizing may be an issue to.

Have you taken a gm MAP sensor aloft and recorded the output with a 5v
source / ground, might need to know rather early how this looks.

While a stock engine might idle at 40 K/Pa at sealevel, and reach 96 out of
98 K/Pa at WOT, what is ambient K/Pa at altitude

This is something where you might just want to get a full time baro input,
and that would have to be with Johns 730 stuff.
   The more I think about it the Baro is probably gonna be a mandatory item,
or you'll be futzin with the AFR all the time.
Bruce

Just gotta think on this more.

> >What I am looking for is something that can utilize some of the stock
Soob