Re: ECM Availability

At 09:15 PM 8/22/00, you wrote:

Currently on the GM Corvette C5R we use a dual setup on both the ign and
ecm used for fuel injection. Failures are even less likely here as the
componants are MIL spec from Hughes as opposed to consumer MSD boxes.
(Tho I think they made a new "mil spec-racer" ignition box)

Eww... I used to work for Hughes before and after GM bought them...
I wouldn't say failures are less likely... GM should have stuck with Delco...
We used to get modules back from the field all the time with foil gum wrappers between the board and case, between boards etc, and all were still sealed and pressurized with nitrogen gas... Hughes hires foreign workers and pays minimum wage to the workers on the assembly line... Basically they manufacture junk. They got worse after GM bought them, as GM started laying off left and right... there theory was, if they can't do it right, we'll lay off 1/3 of them and see how they like it... Now they can't meet production deadlines and the quality still sucks?!?!? we'll lay off more...
I got out on my own while the getting was good.