Re: ECM Availability

   Not considering redundant backup systems on a terrestrial based vehicles'
one thing, failure , pull off on the side and thumb up . Aircraft electronics without backup system in place , better you than I , statistically , just one time failure of engine controller , may be the last. Then there's that "Big " road race in the sky.
Len

Cuz all that means is you're working on
improving the wrong part, reliability-wise. Wasted angst.
It may very well be, as Bruce alluded to, that the ecm failures are so
infrequent that far and away larger exposures to failure are in such
things as tires and pilot, for example (I'm thinkin of road-racing
again).

Gar